The Republic of the Union of Myanmar
National Unity Government
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation
Notification (2/2023 )
Third Waxing Day of Tawthalin, 1385 B.E
17th September 2023
(1) National Unity Government, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation. Announcement 7/2021, dated 23/08/2021
(2) National Unity Government, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation. Announcement 2/2021, dated 29/06/2021
(3) Unity Government, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation. Announcement 1/2021, dated 27/04/2021
(4) Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Ministry of Planning, Finance and Industry. Announcement 4/2021, dated 22/03/2021
(1) In light of the imperative duty of business organisations to prioritise the public interest, and in consideration of their established affiliations and actions in support of the terrorist military council, which thereby aim to lend said council legitimacy and derive revenue and profits to their benefit, and further noting their consistent failure to comply with the warnings issued by the National Unity Government in above announcements; it is hereby decreed that the Myanmar Gems and Jewellery Entrepreneurs Association, along with its subsidiary entities, be and is hereby dissolved.
(2) Effective from the date of promulgation of this order, the withdrawal or expenditure of any assets and funds associated with the aforementioned association and its subsidiary entities is strictly prohibited.
(3) This order shall not infringe upon the proprietary rights of individual entrepreneurs, nor shall it impede their business activities, provided such undertakings remain detached from any affiliations or connections to the terrorist military council.
(4) Any individual entrepreneur or employee found to continue their involvement in activities related to the now-dissolved entities, or who offers cooperation, disperses assets and funds, or acts under the guise of said entities, will be construed as acting in support of the terrorist military council, and so be liable to prosecution under existing laws and regulations, as stipulated in Cabinet Meeting No. 14/2013 of the National Unity Government and the approval of the Office of the President.