To establish a clean and green natural environment and a prosperous social environment that ensures socio-economic development, wellbeing, and peaceful coexistence of all the people, including the present and future generation, of Myanmar in perpetuity.
1. To establish and implement participatory scheme to strengthen civil disobedience movement (CDM), to cut off all the acts and channels that help support terrorist State Administrative Council (SAC), as well as to collect tax and revenue derived from managing natural resources for the effective implementation, without any delay, of the goal and objective set up by the Federal Democracy Charter of the National Unity Government (NUG).
2. To develop and implement policies, strategies, and action plans related to the management of resources that contribute to peace, national reconciliation, the realization of equal rights for all ethnic nationalities, and sustainable development for the present and future generations.
3. To design and implement a people-centered natural resource and environmental management mechanism that focuses on the conservation of natural resources and biodiversity, the preservation of national identities and cultural heritage, and climate change resiliency.
1. Recognizing the right of all people, including indigenous people, to land and natural resources, their rights to possess, hold, manage, and benefit from these resources shall be fully respected and protected.
2. In order to maintain the balance between environmental conservation and economic development, all possible measures with no health impact, and least environmental impacts shall be adopted in managing land, water, forests, mineral resources, gems, pearl, fresh and salt water resources, oil and gas, biodiversity and other natural resources.
3. Institutional strengthening to be accountable, responsible, and trustworthy shall be conducted for the effective implementation of natural resources management and environmental conservation.
4. In order to establish an environmental management system by which benefits derived from natural resources extraction and management have to be shared equitably and accordingly among Union government, and State governments, the State-specific environmental and social minimum standard shall be adopted.
5. All-inclusive and transparent monitoring systems shall be in place in implementing monitoring and compliance mechanisms for the effective natural resources and biodiversity management in the interest of present and future generations.
6. Green economy initiatives such as ecotourism, low-carbon climate-resilient enterprises, and applications of sustainable and renewable energy-based technology shall be encouraged and promoted to realize climate-resilient societies across the country.
7. In order to meet the basic needs of the rural and urban people, and to support sustainable socio-economic development, the development of a decentralized people-centered natural resources and environmental management sector that favors collective leadership and action shall be strived for.
8. Environmental education and research programs shall be conducted to promote knowledge and ethics related to natural resources and environmental conservation among the public.
9. Environmental considerations must be mainstreamed into all development projects and decisions at different administrative levels and in all sectors.
10. Natural resources and environmental treaties and agreements developed for the benefits of the world and the country shall be involved in the interests of people.
Last Updated: 20 June 2021